Thursday, January 5, 2012

2010 Travel Summary

Introduction
This entry is one of my back log blog of a travel summary for the year 2010. It was this year when I started to venture on my passion to travel and big thanks to budget airlines who offered promo fares for as low as around 100pesos round trip during that time. Through this promo fares, I had the opportunity to travel and explore places I've never been to, meet and greet people of different cultures, and witness the different wonders God had created for us.





Travel Trips
The first flight I had in my entire life was just last February of 2010 and I was excited that time. My first trip destination was Cebu and Palawan. On the first night of our trip, we met our friend and explored the urbanized metropolitan of Cebu. And on the following days were on Palawan escapade, we toured different tourist spots in the city, did a long hour bus travel going to El Nido and experienced pristine white sand beaches of theie different islands, visited the famous Puerto Princesa Underground River and finally back to Cebu and then Davao. This trip triggered the rest of my travel trips and had a passion for travel.



Onto my next trip was in a famous white sand beach in Boracay with my college batchmates. Around June 2010 when we boarded a flight bound to Iloilo and traveled to Caticlan and then to Boracay. We did have a great time during day and night, witnessed fire dancing, did different adventures like banana boating, helmet diving, fly fish, para-sailing, and ATV ride in the island. Back to Iloilo, we side tripped to Aklan of their famous Sampaguita Garden and finally did a quick tour around Iloilo City.



For my third destination, it was a Cebu - Bohol adventure trip with my CS classmates last October 2010. We booked a flight with inclusive dates coincides with my classmate's birthday and mine. First stop was a countryside tour in Bohol, finally visited the Chocolate Hills which I only saw on our history books during school days. We spent second day in Bohol at Panglao and experienced dolphin watching for the first time, it was a thrilling experience, by noon, we're back at Cebu and did a go-karting with some friends during college and experience a Sky Ride at Crown Regency Hotel.





We maximized holidays between end of the month of October and beginning days of November by booking a promo seats bound to Manila for our Baguio and Hundred Islands escapade. We arrived late at night in Manila and spent some time in SM - MOA, later on, we went to bus terminal and rode a bus bound to Baguio for a six-hour land travel. Arriving at Baguio City, the summer capital of the country, we started our tour at botanical gardens, followed with Mines View Park, then strawberry farm and able to taste strawberries for the first time and finally spent the rest of the afternoon at Burnham Park. I was also able to visit their cathedral and mall that night. At morning, we travel all the way to Hundred Islands and spent overnight at one of the island. By the next day, we did an island hopping and by noon we were back to Manila. At the metropolitan, we went to SM North Avenue and Trinoma and finally went to the airport for our first flight on early morning back to Davao.








Onto my last flight trip for the year 2010 was my first solo backpacking trip at Zamboanga City last November 2010. On the first day of my trip, I visited their baywalk and shrine, and toured around the city. I went to their modern cathedral and Pasonanca Park on the second day and toured the city for the second time during night. And on my third day at the city, I did a trip to Great Santa Cruz Island which is famous of its pinkish sand which was cause by a rare coral and finally back to Davao on the fourth day.








Aside from flight trips, I also did some short trips around the city and nearby places. Around 3rd week of November 2010, I had my first wakeboarding experience at DECA Homes in Mintal, Davao City. For beginners, kneeboarding is the first step and after mastery with it, you can proceed to wakeboading. Even though I didn't had a successful wakeboarding experience cause I'm not able to balance it on my first few attempts, it was already enough for me to have tried the activity. By first week of December 2010, I was able to visit the Gap Farm  with my high school classmates, for a Dabawenyo like me, its fulfilling to finally set foot on a local tourist spot which I haven't done during my younger years. And to round up my travel trip for 2010 was a visit to Bluejaz Resort in Samal for the second time. That's all for my travel summary for year 2010 and hopefully I could make my 2011 Travel Summary soon. :D











Thank you and God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...