Sunday, May 15, 2011

Travel Destination: Peso Bill Edition

Introduction
It was around December of last year when our president and BSP announced the new generation of the peso bills to be released. Well, I'm impressed with its new design, aside from the striking color, they also added some of the Philippine icons on the reverse side featuring some of the notable species and tourist destinations found in our country. It is said that the bills had also a new security features that counterfeiters would had a hard time. But with the advent of the technology, it would be no surprise that time will come they will able to counterfeit it as the saying goes "if there's a will, there's a way". :D


Bucket List
When I first saw the new 500-peso bill on the reverse side which features the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River, I realized that I have been in this place. Queries and thoughts are rushing into my mind, I need to know what are the places they featured on the other bills, so I researched the net and since I've also visited the other two places, and voila! I could make a bucket list out of this.

20-Peso Bill
An orange peso bill with Manuel L. Quezon on the obverse (now I know that this is the term opposite of reverse) and the Banaue Rice Terraces on the reverse side. I've never been to this place so I will add it to my bucket list and hopefully I could visit the site soon. Update Dec. 10, 2012, I finally visited the site! Banaue Rice Terraces - checked!


50-Peso Bill
A red peso bill with Sergio OsmeƱa on the observe and Taal Lake of Batangas as the featured tourist spot. This just checked one of my bucket list because I visited the place last March of this year, we climbed the Taal Volcano and a chance to view the crater lake. We're lucky that time because there were no alert levels issued by the government so tourists are able to visit it. Taal Lake of Batangas - checked!



100-Peso Bill
A bluish violet peso bill featuring Manuel A. Roxas on the obverse and Mayon Volcano on Albay on the reverse side. I felt somehow disappointed on the first time I saw it because it beaten our very own majestic Mt. Apo to be featured, :(. But unquestionably Mayon Volcano had the most perfect cone volcano in our country which deserves to be on the spot, fair enough. I've been to this place recently just last October 8-9, 2011. Mayon Volcano in Albay - checked!



200-Peso Bill
A green peso bill whom Diosdado Macapagal is found on the obverse and the Chocoloate Hills of Bohol on the reverse side. A big check on the bucket list since I've been here three times, the first time was on October of last year with my CS classmates, the second time was last January with my family vacation and the last time was with my former co-workers. Chocolate Hills in Bohol - checked!



500-Peso Bill
A golden yellow bill which features not one but two prominent people in our history namely Corazon C. Aguino and Benigno S. Aquino, Jr on the obverse while found on the reverse side is the Subterranean River in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. And this tourist spot was featured on the Going Bulilit and it feels fulfilling to watch the show because I've been there last February of 2010. Subterranean River in Puerto Princesa, Palawan - checked!


1000-Peso Bill
A blue peso bill that features not one, not two, but three people on the obverse side namely Jose Abad Santos, Vicente Lim, and Josefa Llanes Escoda while Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park in Sulu Sea as the featured tourist spot. Now, here comes the twist on this one, when I researched in the internet about this spot, I was surprised to know that at least you spend around 50,000 pesos just to have this package excluding the airfare, what the heck! This turns down my excitement on the 1000 peso bill destination. No wonder why Tubbataha was placed on the highest denomination because it is so expensive. So I decided that I just exclude or postpone this spot on my bucket list, maybe when I become a millionaire I could visit this place. :D Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park in Sulu Sea - 48 years in the making!


Summary
20-Peso Bill: Banaue Rice Terraces - checked!
50-Peso Bill: Taal Lake of Batangas - checked!
100-Peso Bill: Mayon Volcano in Albay - checked!
200-Peso Bill: Chocolate Hills in Bohol - checked!
500-Peso Bill: Subterranean River in Puerto Princesa, Palawan - checked!
1000-Peso Bill: Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park in Sulu Sea - 48 years in the making!
So, this ended my travel destination bucket list peso bill edition.

Thank you and God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...