Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mati Inventory Trip

Travel Period: January 19, 2012
Destination: Mati, Davao Oriental

The Excitement
It was just a day before the trip when I materialized the plan and knew that a workmate of mine named Jethro will be having an inventory count on one of the JVC farms in Mati, Davao Oriental. Our company (PMR Pallet Ltd. Co.) is on pallet industry which supply pallets to Unifrutti and JVC farms. One of the task of the inventory team is to account the quantity of pallets for every farm. This time, the scheduled farm for inventory is Panombom Agri-Ventures and when I knew it was located in Mati, I'd got excited to tag along in the inventory count. I emailed my supervisor about the matter and my purpose for tagging along and luckily it was approved. Yeppey!




Conquering Davao Oriental
I woke up around 4 early in the morning since we're going to leave from the meeting place by 5am. They fetch me at crossing along the road and set-off to the destination. Davao Oriental is one the province that comprises the Davao Region along with Davao del Sur, Davao del Norte, Compostela Valley and of course my very own hometown Davao City as the capital of the region. This is the only province in Davao Region that I haven't set foot and it will be my chance to finally tick-off for Davao Oriental on my visited province checklist. :D



Panombom Agri-Ventures
Road trip always amazes me because of the landmarks, sceneries and landscapes that you can see along the road. We passed Panabo City, Tagum City then some municipalities of ComVal and finally to Davao Oriental, big check on my checklist! Weeh! After around 4 hours of travel, we've finally reach Mati City, the capital of Davao Oriental. And later on, we reached the Panombom Agri-Ventures farm where we'll gonna do the inventory count of our pallets. The farm has a vast area of land planted with bananas which is the primary product of Davao region for export to countries like South Korea, Japan and Middle East nations. After the inventory count, we were treated for a lunch with fried fish and "tinolang isda" as the main dishes. :D




Dahican Beach
After leaving the farm, we decided to see the white sand shoreline named Dahican Beach. This is famous to locals and also to tourists for its big waves which is ideal for surfing and skimboarding. For the record, Dahican Beach is facing the mighty Pacific Ocean where big waves are expected. Arriving at one of the resort, we went to the shoreline and was impressed with the place. Indeed, a white sand beach, a massive waves and you can see some locals skimboarding from afar. We took some photos and spent some minutes under the shade of the trees and we didn't swim that time since its around noon. :D





The Sleeping Dinosaur
We then decided to went back but had a stop-over at one of place along Bad-as for an overlooking view of the famous Sleeping Dinosaur. It's not literally a sleeping dinosaur rather it's a hill with a shape of like a dinosaur. See for yourself of the image below if you consider it a sleeping dinosaur but for me, it is. :D We had our photos taken in the area, rest for some time and finally went back home.




Summary
Another place I have discovered and set foot onto. Amazed what God has done to our nature that continuously impresses us. I hope someday I could witness all the things that He had created and let's all be grateful for the things that we have.


Thank you and God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...