Saturday, September 17, 2011

An Afternoon In Crocodile Park

Travel Period: September 17, 2011
Destination: Davao Crocodile Park and Butterfly House

The Motivation
I've been born and raised in Davao City and believe it or not, I never been to the famous crocodile park for almost 25 years. Davao Crocodile Park is one the top destination for recreation and educational tour during elementary days. I remember during my childhood years that my cousins have already been to this place. Well, its not too late to experience the place and see it for myself thus this made me decide to finally visit the park for the first time.


 
Davao Crocodile Park
The park is located at Diversion Road in Riverfront Corporate City and can be easily reached within few minutes from downtown area. Upon arriving at the place, you will be amazed with the simple yet creatively made structure located near the entrance (I don't know what is the term for this) which ideal for picture taking backgrounds. We then paid the entrance fee and started to explore the park, although I've seen some animals already during my boy scouts years in Calinan specifically in Philippine Eagle Center, there were still few animals which I have seen personally for the first time at the park.





Animals At The Park
The site houses different animals and mammals of different sizes including birds, snakes, tigers, ostriches, deers, monkeys, etc. and of course the crocodiles. Have some photos ops around the area and got interested with some of the characteristics of the animals inside the park. An hour later, we decided to visit the next stop.






Butterfly House
Aside from Davao Crocodile Park, the RCC complex also houses Butterfly House which can be reached in walking distance. From the name itself, butterflies can be found inside the mini-garden. You can also see some preserved dead butterflies in a frame and of course a presentation of their life cycle.





The Awaited Show
After a quick visit at the Butterfly House, we went back to Crocodile Park to witness the awaited show of the park which were the bird show, Pangil (the largest crocodile in captivity before Lolong was captured) show, feeding the crocodiles show and ended with a tight-roping show.







Summary
Well, its not too late to explore places for an adult even if its should be on childhood years. Visiting the park is like an achievement not just for the childhood part but as a traveler also. I told myself before that why I haven't visited tourist spots on my place while I've already traveled to distant places. And finally, just want to end this article with a quote of “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain.




Thank you and God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...